Artist Resume – Ben Pearse Photographer
Ben Pearse is a professional award winning photographer living and working
in the beautiful world heritage listed, Blue Mountains, Australia.
Ben has worked for numerous iconic brands and government organisations.
Ben currently works from his home portrait studio in Katoomba.
I enjoy incorporating the concepts and practices of studio photography and applying
them to a landscape setting. Currently environmental portraits are something that
really interests me greatly as it lets me explore the visual interactions
of the person/s in front of the lens combined with the landscape in which I place them.
Whether it’s a harmonising relation or juxtaposition effect; these images are greatly
influenced by the mood of the environment in which they are captured. In the pursuit
of creating a strong body of work utilising the above strategies,
I’ll continue to explore the collaboration between people and the environment they inhabit.
2013-Present- Owner/Operator at Ben Pearse Photography
• Proficient in a wide range of photographic genres, such as
commercial | portrait | wedding | studio | landscape
• 5 bronze awards in “The Portrait Conference” photographic competition 2018
• Art Judge at Springwood Art Show 2018
• Solo exhibition ay Gallery One88 January 2018
• Opened new home based portrait studio- September 2017
• Bronze Award – Epson International Pano Awards 2017- Photographic competition
• Commission to photograph Amar Latif, British blind entrepreneur and Traveleyes founder
within the Blue Mountains environment 2016
• Official photographer for Blue Mountains Winter Magic Festival 2014,2015,2016
• Commission from BMCC & Blue Mountains Visitor Centres to
photograph visitor centres and wide range of landscape destinations across
Blue Mountains region 2016
• Opened “Out of the Blue” group photographic exhibition at Gallery ONE88 2016
• Guest speaker for Pechakutcha, landscape presentation 2015
• Designed and marketed greeting and postcard range for tourism market, via retail outlets. 2015
• Guest panel speaker at Springwood Art Show 2015
• Commissioned to photograph Television X Factor stars “The Royce Twins” for music album release 2014
• Guest speaker at Upper Blue Mountains Camera Club 2014
• Location scout and stills photographer for Director Michael Joy’s feature series “Cul de sac”.2014
• Guest speaker for Blue Mountains photography group 2014
• First solo exhibition at Gallery ONE88 December 26th 2017-January 7th 2018
• Exhibit in “Blue Mountains Portraits Exhibition” at Blue Mountains Cultural Centre in 2018
• Exhibit in “The Collector’s Edition #5 at Blue Mountains Cultural Centre March 2018
Documentary photography of Naidoc celebrations displayed
at Blue Mountains Cultural Centre September 2018
Contact Ben below